Saturday, April 17, 2010

Big ouchie! Mouth ulcher ONE. Kat ZERO.

The last couple of days I have been suffering from THE worst mouth ulcer I have ever had. I realise that I might sound like I'm being dramatic, but the location of ulcer was right next to my back teeth, so whenever I moved my mouth it would irritate my ulcer and incite a stinging pain.

I had tried Bonjela and putting salt directly on the ulcer in the past, but it would take a few days to heal and putting gel in my mouth just felt plain weird, like eating Vaseline. No thanks! So I looked for an alternative... And I found it! Oral B's Amosan Mouth Wash, it was just sitting on the shelf of my local chemist, waiting to relieve my pain. It comes in a box with 20 sachets of the powdered mouth wash for $12. You dissolve one sachet in 2 tablespoons of warm water and swish it in your mouth after meals. It is
recommended that you don't eat 20 mins after you swish and you should swish 4 times a day.

When I initially picked up the box and read the instructions, I was skeptical. Then after my first swish I was still a little skeptical because the smell and taste of the mouthwash was just like Macleans toothpaste. It was my third swish that I realised my ulcer was healing and eating was fun again!

No comments:

Post a Comment