Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Trying to give good face

I'm am currently 24 years old and I still struggle to give good face. You see I am Asian and I have a serious case of the "Asian eyes". I don't have a visible crease across my eyelid and my eyelashes are very short, in fact sometimes I wake up and freak out because I think they've all fallen out. On the plus side, it has saved me money on buying mascara (which, when I try to apply, there is more on my skin than my lashes) and eye shadow (when I attempt to do a smokey eye, it looks like a black eye).

So I've been trying to find a solution to my face problem and I think I am one step closer. I have discovered a book called 'Asian Faces: The Essential
Beauty and Makeup Guide for Asian Women' by Taylor Chang-Babaian. It's a book that has been on the market for a while, but all the information is still relevant. It can also be very helpful for those who aren't Asian, the book doesn't discriminate!

Who is this genius - Taylor Chang-Babaian? She is Korean-American, a
celebrity makeup artist and beauty author. She also understands that the way you look on the outside can make you feel good on the inside. In her book she simplifies the whole make up process with great images and a step by step guide to creating the look that she has created.

There is also a play-by-play of the tools you need, a guide to determining your skin type and then there's a whole section on fake eyelashes (yes it's an Asian girls dream!). Chang-Babaian also
goes through the type of makeup you should use for your skin type. Something so obvious, yet I had been oblivious to, thus my struggle for good face.

So if you're like me and want to give good face, pick up a copy of Taylor Chang-Babaian's 'Asian Faces: The Essential Beauty and Makeup Guide for Asian Women'. I bought mine from Angus and Robertson for $40.95, but I'm sure you can get a copy from any leading book store.



No comments:

Post a Comment