Sunday, October 18, 2009

Rockpool Bar & Grill- The Experience


The experience was once in a lifetime. Steve and I had heard good things about Rockpool Bar & Grill and given the write up in InDesign magazine, we were curious to say the least. We wanted to explore the interior as well as our palettes. 

For entree I had oysters, it tasted like the ocean, like a mermaid had delivered it to 66 Hunter Street and recommended the best way to eat them. Steve ordered the tastes of the sea, this was sashimi with an Italian twist. It was beautiful (although one of them did have avocado- so it almost killed Steve, but we like to live dangerously). We also decided to have a middle corse. Hand cut fettucini with Wagyu beef bolognese... THE BEST MEAL WE HAVE EVER HAD! Holey moley, I cannot describe how incredible this dish was. It was a dish that you will remember for the rest of your life. I wanted to marry it (I think Steve did too). It was rich with flavour, the wagyu beef was perfect, the whole dish was perfect. For mains I had lamb and Steve had grass fed fillet, both dishes worked well and left you with a feeling of contentment. You just wanted to sit back and breathe. The meat was succulent and flavourful. It was a moment that made me proud to be a carnivore. We also had a side of mixed steamed vegetables and potato puree. The vegetables tasted like what vegetables should taste like and as a kid you would never push away, they were yummo! The potato puree was a side dish that I wanted to bathe in and would be content to become over weight by it, because I would be happy.

Then there was dessert,which I am never one to shy away from it. I had creme caramel. It was awesome! 

The interior also pleased our visual appetites as it reminded me of an old New York building from the 60's. This theme was carried right through to the bathrooms. The service was also perfect, they were there when we needed advice and then would make themselves scarce when they could see we just wanted to enjoy each other's company. What more could you ask for when it comes to wait staff! 

Overall the night was deliciously perfect. The best dining experience I have ever had. 

No comments:

Post a Comment