Sunday, October 4, 2009

My favourite restaurant...

It's October long weekend and instead of having a seedy night out at an Oktoberfest event, I decided to have dinner with my good friend and the new man in her life. So the ultimate question... Where to get some grub?

Why not my favourite restaurant, 
La Ricetta. This is the best place to get the best Italian food in Newtown. I am pretty much there at least every 2 weeks.

Last night I had the Ravioli all' anitra (Homemade ravioli stuffed with duck and prosciutto served with a butter and sage sauce), entree size which was only $17.90. The butter and sage sauce becomes your friend as you subtlety inhale your delightful Italian dish. My friend's new man, who is a chef by the way, agreed with me and loved the incredible flavours that were exposed to us.

My friend had the Pappardelle Ragu (Homemade pasta with slowly braised beef). I had have this dish before and it always tastes the same. Amazing. The homemade pasta tastes like it should taste, fresh and made by a Nonna who had the recipe handed down to her by her Nonna. The beef can only be described as an experience. It is almost like the beef saw the knife which was craving it and it just decided to fall off, it is moist, flavorful and pretty much perfectly braised. I just don’t know how they make it taste like that every time!

Then there’s desert. I had the Fragole con liquore (Fresh Strawberries marinated with Grand Marnier, served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. It was simply, extremely tasty.

So if you’re in Newtown and you want great food which is reasonably priced with a great wait staff, La Ricetta should definitely be an option (also if you order the food take away, you get 15% off- just a little tip from me to you).

Happy eating and I hope you're having a great long weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment