Monday, March 15, 2010

Got juice? (Insert photo of me with a juice moustache)

On the Urban Remedy detox, you GET juice!

This detox system has passed the lips of Vogue and madison editoral as well as early morning starter Melissa Hoyer (as well as many Twitter-ettes), and since I’m such a sucker for experiences which others have tried and tested, I thought I’d give the 1 day juice detox a try. Urban Remedy‘s 1 day detox involves 6 juices you have every 2 hours from 9am to 7pm. You’re not allowed to eat, but if you must it allows you to have some cucumber sticks or mashed up avocado. So it’s not the end of the world, but damn was it difficult (yes I caved and had cucumber sticks- they were the best cucumber sticks in the world!).

The awesomeness involved in this process is the cute mini esky you get with the juices (it can later be turned into a lunch bag post detox) and a juice delivery right to your
door (minimal effort=me likey). You also don’t have to think about what to eat for breakfast, lunch or dinner. And suprise! The juices are quite filling.

The not-so-awesomeness part was the drinking of the juices, some just did not taste so great, but it all depends on the person. I mean if you don’t mind beetroot, silverbeet or parsley in your juice then you’ll love every sip of these juices. I did have a favourite; pineapple, apple and mint. It was dee-licious!

So how did I feel the next day? Meh… I was expecting a boost in my energy levels, especially since I was feeling so lethargic and tired before my detox, I
actually felt the same as I did before, so I suspect that the 1 day detox did not incite much change. I would consider doing the 3 day detox next time, but as a first-time detoxer the 1 day detox was definitely a good idea.





No comments:

Post a Comment