Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Sexy Spanish can be made at home? Ole!

Upon my return from Hong Kong, my partner and I received a belated Christmas present – a Spanish cooking class voucher from Red Balloon. We were elated by this because learning to cook an exotic cuisine had placed high on our to-do lists of 2010.

Spanish has always been one of those cuisines that I assumed I could never make myself - a litre of sangria will do that to you. However, this course did show me that it is as easy as empanadas!


The Cheeky Chefs (from the
Cheeky Food Group) Terry and Daniel, demonstrated everything from the basics of cutting an onion without getting emotional to the numero uno dish - seafood paella. Oh, and lets not forget the scrumptious chorizo dish that consisted of chorizo, sherry and flames (the eyebrow singeing kind). Simplicity never tasted so good.

During the three hour class your hunger for learning slowly develops into real hunger and the blood, sweat and non-tears that went into the cooking is rewarded with an earned (self-cooked) culinary feast and a few glasses of wine.


Muchos gracias Cheeky Food Group!




No comments:

Post a Comment